Play stops for no reason

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Play stops for no reason

Postby Sun Nori » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 pm

I just installed the latest version of PlayerPro as an update on my Razer, while listening to music (mostly MP3s) the player will stop. The icon still shows it is playing by the progress bar does not move and no sound.

I can hit the "circle with the double pipe" or the pause button and it will restart the song and play one for about an hour again.

Annoying
Sun Nori

Re: Play stops for no reason

Postby playerpro » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi,

PlayerPro relies on system intents to know when to pause music. For example, it will stop playback when it receives a "request audio focus" intent (the system issues this intent when a phone call is incoming for example).
If PlayerPro stop unexpectadly, it means that it is receiving an intent instructing it to do so.
This intent may be sent by the system or another app.

Please try to investigate and find the app causing this issue.
There's nothing I can do to fix the "issue" on my side.

Rgds,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby punz » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:55 pm

I am having the same problem since the update from a few days ago (the update where the DSP pack icon changed).
I also started having problems with songs sometimes skipping when doing other stuff on my phone. I have used PlayerPro with no issues before.

I am on a Nexus S with ICS 4.0.4 stock rom using PlayerPro with the DSP pack.
punz

Postby playerpro » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi,

Does the player stop in the middle of a song ? Or at the end of a song only ?
Do you get a toast message when that happens ?
Next time it happens, could you plz send me your phone logs ? You can use the "log collector" app (free app on the market) to do so. Plz send me the logs right away after the issue happens.

Thks,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby Sinequanone » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:54 pm

Hello,
I am having the same problem since the update from a few days ago.
It stops in the middle of a song, randomly. No message on phone but the tray icon disappeared. The widget shows the Pause button, if I ckick it, it remains a Pause button but the music restart at the beginning of the song.
I will try the "log collector" to give you more information.
Thanks
Sinequanone

Postby playerpro » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of PlayerPro from the market: version 2.42.

Rgds,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby perrin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi,

I've just updated to playerpro 2.42 and am getting this issue of stopping middle-song.
However, I have identified that for me it is caused by any file-system modifications: if for example I delete a file (completely irrelevant to music files - I have even restricted playerpro to only read one music library folder) it stops playing back the song. This is obviously an unexpected behaviour since the widget button remains as "pause" rather than change to "play". When I hit the button again, it starts playing back from a couple of seconds before the spot it stopped on, which I can only guess has to do with the buffer. I thought about changing the buffer size just in case but it doesn't matter any.
I figure it's probably something to do with what you said about intent, though it's funny since there is no "media library scanning" notification when I delete or move a file.
Also, I know this is very much off-topic here but I also noticed that the statusbar playerpro notification controls do not work for me (Galaxy S2 with stock ICS 4.0.3). Specifically, if I press pause the action gets done, but after that any other tap results to nothing (no resume, no next song etc).
Edit: aditional tries today showed that this happens with long songs (above 10 minutes); 5-6 minute songs exhibit normal behaviour with the notification actions.

PS. Gapless playback seriously kicks ass, thank you so much for the recent updates! :D
perrin

Return to Bug reports