Not all songs showing in "Songs" list

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Not all songs showing in "Songs" list

Postby djsubtronic » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:58 pm

I have about 6150 songs, and I only just noticed that a lot of my recently added songs are not showing up in the all songs list. They don't show up under the respective albums either, and there seems to be no pattern for showing up in Artists. However, they show up with no issues in the "Recently Added" playlist, or other playlists.

As a sidenote, on the "Now Playing" screen underneath the artist name on the top left corner where the song number/count is shown, the count is correct (i.e. it will increase when I add new songs), they just show up.

Noticed this on Kitkat and Lollipop both.
djsubtronic

Re: Not all songs showing in "Songs" list

Postby clan67 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:31 pm

i cant add new song either. i downloaded another player and it did showed the new songs. pls help. i tried everthing.
clan67

Postby djsubtronic » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:07 am

I managed to solve this - delete data for "Media Storage" (save/backup your playlists beforehand if you want to keep them).
djsubtronic

Postby mirajai » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:51 pm

I have this same problem (latest version) - it seems like the media scanner does not pick up all new songs.

- Songs that are added via MTP automatically show up without need for any further action
- Most songs that I download directly to the file system through Total Commander don't show up in PlayerPro except under "Recently added".
- Starting the media scanner from PlayerPro or rebooting the phone doesn't generally help
- Some songs finally showed up after several days for reasons unknown (perhaps by running a scan with n7player).

I have 2000-3000 songs on my SD card. Using PlayerPro 2.95 on a Galaxy S4 with Jelly Bean.

- Can I inspect logs of the scan somehow?
- Someone mentioned solving the problem in 2011 by "clearing data for Media Storage". How can I try this (can't find any "Media Storage")?

Thanks in advance!
mirajai

Postby mirajai » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:51 pm

Nevermind the last question - I did it using this guide: http://www.jrtstudio.com/iSyncr/Tutoria ... edia-Cache ("How to Refresh the Media Database on Android 3.0+"). That's a cumbersome workaround, though.
mirajai

Postby Forten » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:17 am

i can't add new songs but i can give you links of a songs site
Forten

Return to Bug reports