Failed to save lyrics and update tags

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.

Failed to save lyrics and update tags

Postby Flynny75 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:28 pm

What causes this? Is it a problem with the ID3 tag version? Some songs save the lyrics and let me update tags, and others do not
Flynny75

Re: Failed to save lyrics and update tags

Postby playerpro » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi there,

mp4, m4a and m4p file formats are not supported. Can you check whether the failing files are of those formats ?
Another reason why the edit would fail is if you have some files in read only mode.

Thks,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby Flynny75 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Nope, the file is an mp3. And according the astro, the permissions are -rw (im assuming thats read and write). And it has an ID3 tag version 2.3 (I know some things have difficulties with 2.4). I can email you an offending mp3 if you like. It seems to be the whole album, and strangely enough, only this album, that wont let me edit.
Flynny75

Postby playerpro » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Yes, plz send me a sample per email. I will look at it.

Thks,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby Flynny75 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Sorry about the delay, somehow I missed the notification that you had replied.

And I have had another look, and it turns out that I had made a mistake. I have multiple copies of the same song in different albums, and didnt realise they were individual files (Stupid, I know). But I have found that a dialogue box appears and you cant get into the editor when an mp3 doesnt have ANY ID3 tag associated with it, and that you get the message failed to update song info/lyrics when the ID3 tag is indeed version 2.4 (The version I was initially looking at was 2.3, but that wasnt the version I was actually trying to edit. Maybe I should just go thought my music collection lol)

Maybe a clearer note in future versions to explain what the problem is? Obviously if its a big job it wont be worth it as not many people seem to have come across this problem.

Also.. Do you plan on releasing the source for the skins somewhere so the community can give something back? Ive fallen in love with the WMP skin, but am still interested in seeing what we can bring to the table. The skins could be tested by approved people on these forums, then uploaded to the market yourself with the creators name in the credits.

Just a thought.
Btw, best music app ever. Seriously.
Flynny75

Postby playerpro » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi,

Could you send me some samples by email. I'll have a look at them on my phones.

Regarding the skins, I will publish a guide in the future. But I am still working on the engine so it's not yet stable for a public release.

Thks,
Tristan
playerpro

Return to General discussions