General comments on PlayerPro

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.

Re: General comments on PlayerPro

Postby playerpro » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually tried it out. For the same quantity and quality of images loaded/displayed on the screen (image size + quality=dithering/filtering of image), the profiling I did shows that PlayerPro is nearly two times as fast to display it. This is because PlayerPro is using optimized artwork and a fine tuned cache/code to load/cache bitmaps in memory. "Remote for itunes" is actually badly coded but as the quality and size of the images displayed is low, the performance seems correct.

As I explained before, I have a few ideas to make it even more performant than it is already the case. One optimization will come in the next update (impacting list scrolling mainly), but you will probably not even notice it as the improvement in response time is below what a human can notice. The other improvements will come in future updates. They are low priority in my list though.

Thks && Rgds,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby ock » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:18 am

Just wandering if there's an official website for PlayerPro? An app like this sure deserves one ;)
ock

Postby playerpro » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi there,

It's coming soon :-).

Rgds,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby Vertumus » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:21 am

Hi Tristan,

You made currently the best player on the market.

I have one question, is there posibility that widget showing artist picture/artwork instead of album picture/artwork? If it is posible, please tell me how to change it?

If there is not, please consider to put option to chose what to put in next versions

Thx
Vertumus

Postby playerpro » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi there,

It's not possible to show artist pictures in the widgets for now. It will probably come in a future release. Not sure when though as I'd like to ship other features first.

Thks for the support :-).

Rgds,
Tristan
playerpro

Previous

Return to General discussions