How do I import playlist?

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.

How do I import playlist?

Postby XperiaS » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Hello! I love this player, but there is something that is not very good, the playlist stuff. I would like to create playlist selecting multiple songs, but the only way to creating custom playlist (not smart playlist) is by long click on the song>add to playlist....one by one

So I have thought about creating a playlist with an external app (or directly from the PC), in .m3u, or whichever. And then export it to player pro. Any suggestion?

Thank you!!
XperiaS

Re: How do I import playlist?

Postby playerpro » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:03 am

Hi,

You can indeed create a playlist on your desktop (using .m3u format) then copy it to your external sdcard. The media scanner should pick it up and it should appear in the playlist browser. Make sure that you use the same relative path and music folder structure on your desktop and on your phone though. You could also try to copy the playlist to the PlayerPro/Playlists folder and rename it with extension ".ppo" (whatevername.m3u.ppo), then from PlayerPro settings / Music library / Restore playlists.

Thanks,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby XperiaS » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Ok, thank you so much :)
XperiaS

Postby bgoergen613 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:12 am

All the songs I download are .mp3. So I have to convert them all to .m3u to do this???
bgoergen613

Postby bgoergen613 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:13 am

playerpro wrote:Hi,

You can indeed create a playlist on your desktop (using .m3u format) then copy it to your external sdcard. The media scanner should pick it up and it should appear in the playlist browser. Make sure that you use the same relative path and music folder structure on your desktop and on your phone though. You could also try to copy the playlist to the PlayerPro/Playlists folder and rename it with extension ".ppo" (whatevername.m3u.ppo), then from PlayerPro settings / Music library / Restore playlists.

Thanks,
Tristan

All the songs I download are .mp3. So I have to convert them all to .m3u to do it this way?? I might as well just click each of the 500 songs and add to playlist individually. :(
bgoergen613

Postby tsanfilippo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:40 pm

I just got a new phone, after downloading the playerpro app I paid for, it only shows 5 stock playlists, I had 11, they are on my sd card just like my music? But player pro does not seem to see them>?

I tried the above, but there is No restore playlists under Music library, as stated above?
tsanfilippo

Postby tsanfilippo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:53 pm

tsanfilippo wrote:I just got a new phone, after downloading the playerpro app I paid for, it only shows 5 stock playlists, I had 11, they are on my sd card just like my music? But player pro does not seem to see them>?

I tried the above, but there is No restore playlists under Music library, as stated above?

I just purchased a new phone again. Same problem. I have spent over 20 hours creating play lists. I need to know how to restore the playlists from my old phone to my new one. I am sure it is as easy as drop the old playlist into a folder on the new phone or point to it with the app., will someone please help!
tsanfilippo

Postby playerpro » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:53 pm

Hello,

PlayPro automatically backups all playlists on your internal memory (in PlayerPro/Playlists folder).
When moving to a new phone, you should simply copy the PlayerPro folder from your old phone to your new phone (it will also copy the album artwork, artist/composer pictures).
Once done, you can restore playlists on your new phone in PlayerPro settings / Browsers / Playlists browser / restore playlists.

Thanks,
Tristan
playerpro

Return to General discussions