Date added resets after every removal and reinsertion of SD

Any topic you would like to share and that is not covered by other forums.

Date added resets after every removal and reinsertion of SD

Postby Thescissors » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:06 pm

I need to remove and re-insert the SD card to put music on it and whatever other files, but when reinserted PlayerPro likes to take 10-15 minutes "re-adding" the songs and also clearing the date added to that point in time, effectively rendering the date added useless. Am I doing anything wrong at all? Thanks

By the way, I've had to take out and put the SD back in because using a USB to the laptop will not properly show the SD as a drive and I've already spent a while trying to find out how to show the laptop to treat it like a drive (I'm not talking about the transfer as files option on the phone but something else on the laptop side) and it is both really slow and doesn't let me see enough options when transferring files.
Thescissors

Re: Date added resets after every removal and reinsertion of

Postby playerpro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:08 am

Hello,

PlayerPro relies on the Android media scanner and media store. When an SD card is removed and then reinserted back, Android will clear the media store and rebuild it from scratch. So this behavior is according to design.
To avoid the media store being cleared/rebuilt each time (timely operation), you should leave your SD card plugged and transfer files over USB connection.

Thanks,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby Thescissors » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:44 pm

playerpro wrote:Hello,

PlayerPro relies on the Android media scanner and media store. When an SD card is removed and then reinserted back, Android will clear the media store and rebuild it from scratch. So this behavior is according to design.
To avoid the media store being cleared/rebuilt each time (timely operation), you should leave your SD card plugged and transfer files over USB connection.

Thanks,
Tristan

Ok thank you, would there be any way to import date added according to another tag e.g. date created, or is that only viewable in a Windows hardware? Or perhaps a way to manually edit these dates in code?
Thescissors

Postby playerpro » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:45 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately not. The field is read-only as per the documentation here:
https://developer.android.com/reference ... DATE_ADDED

DATE_ADDED
Added in API level 1
public static final String DATE_ADDED
The time the media item was first added.
This constant represents a column name that can be used with a ContentProvider through a ContentValues or Cursor object. The values stored in this column are Cursor#FIELD_TYPE_INTEGER , and are read-only and cannot be mutated.

Constant Value: "date_added"

Thanks,
Tristan
playerpro

Return to General discussions