Artists being labeled as unknown artist

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Artists being labeled as unknown artist

Postby lackii650 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Has anyone else got the problem with artists or albums being under unknown artist and when you re-tag them as what artist they are it does nothing they stay as unknown artist. Really annoying cause 300 songs are in unknown artist. Some albums have 10 songs of 13 as unknown artist and the other 3 are know for the real artist. I have the same songs on my computer in iTunes and I do not have this problem.
Thanks
lackii650

Re: Artists being labeled as unknown artist

Postby playerpro » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi,

It is a bug with the android media scanner where some file types are not correctly read by the media scanner. In particular wma and m4a types are known not to be well supported by the android media scanner.
I would suggest your convert to mp3.

Rgds,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby gizmo2501 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi Tristan,

I have the same problem, but my files are mp3s. Both Power Amp and GoneMAD pick up the Artists fine. Currently, none of the artists are being picked up in Player Pro. So are you sure this is a problem with Media Scanner when those programs both work fine?
gizmo2501

Postby jabberoo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:29 am

Hi All

A bug is all well and good, but how to fix it...?

I am running FLAC files and have a bunch of unknowns too.
I have tried re-editing the tags and all sorts - there must be a way to fix it, surely..?

Any info, advice appreciated.

Cheers
jabberoo

Postby gizmo2501 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:13 pm

I found that I had to move my files out of a folder called "podcasts". Then it was fine and all artists were picked up.

Trouble is, I had them in a folder called "podcasts" because then PlayerPro remembers the track position if you pause and come back to it.
gizmo2501

Postby akzar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:23 pm

I have the same problem... unknown tag artist, tag album and artwork m4a file in PlayerPro,
after I use the power amp can all be read.
please ... for further updates please repaired, because I like playerpro.
akzar

Postby playerpro » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi,

There is a knonwn a bug with the android media scanner where m4a files are not well supported by the android media scanner.
I would suggest you to convert those files to mp3. There's nothing I can do about it as that would mean re-implementing the media store / media scanner.

Best Regards,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby gizmo2501 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Do you know why Player Pro doesn't pick up track information, like artist or song name, if in a folder called "podcasts" when other players do?
gizmo2501

Return to Bug reports