Can't add songs to Playlist

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Can't add songs to Playlist

Postby Mrfrog » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:40 pm

I've been on a new phone for 3 or 4 months adding music and updating to my playlists, when suddenly yesterday I couldn't add to a playlist. While trying to figure out what was wrong, whole playlists were emptied. They were still there but empty. After a lot of testing and trying things I completely wiped my Phone of everything, Playerpro (ver5.6) and all music. I re-installed Playerpro, and found the playlists back, though I could still do nothing. I deleted all playlists and nade sure that nothing showed, no albums artists or playlists and started with adding music. I copied all music folder back and then made sure I could see them. THen tried to create new playlists, by selecting songs and adding them to a new Playlist. The playlist was created but no song added. Keeps saying "0 songs added to playlist. I then manually created a Playlist, and tried to add song, still same message "0 songs added.

This is a Samsung S10e. no problems or updates lately, until this happened.
Mrfrog

Re: Can't add songs to Playlist

Postby playerpro » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:00 pm

Hello

This is an Android 10 bug for which a bug has been filed here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/147619577
Please consider starring it to let the Android team know that it affects you.

Thanks,
Tristan
playerpro

Re: Can't add songs to Playlist

Postby Mrfrog » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:33 pm

While that looks to work, it is really only a patch, as the I had supposedly moved the Playerpro app to the SD Card, or at least that was what the process said was happening. As I find it thought the PlayerPro Folders, including the playlists are still on the phone main drive. My hope was that I could move all items to the SD card, so that when I changed phones, I could just swap SD cards. Until I can do that, ythre is little need for this, and I can just rebuild everything on the phone's drive
Mrfrog

Return to Bug reports