Artists not displaying

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Artists not displaying

Postby LeeMur » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:52 am

Hi
My PlayerPro is no longer showing any artists in the Artists browser. I just get a spinning circle in the middle. The Albums, Playlists, Folders and Songs browsers all work fine. I have cleared the system media cache and rebooted the phone. I have also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. Nothing has worked. I suspect this is an issue with the Android OS but they won't help and have said to contact the app developer.
Please can you advise.
Thanks
LeeMur

Re: Artists not displaying

Postby Ayye_sir » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:11 pm

I'm having the same issue. I've noticed it started after installing the latest Samsung One UI 2 software update, I think the two are somehow connected.

I also tried disabling and re-enabling the artists browser but the issue persists.

PlayerPro devs - can you please look into this?
Ayye_sir

Postby playerpro » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:02 am

Hello,

Could you plz contact me through the developer address so that I can look into it (I'll need a log report).

Thanks,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby strategy786 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:49 am

Ayye_sir wrote:I'm having the same issue. I've noticed it started after installing the latest Samsung One UI 2 software update, I think the two are somehow connected.

I also tried disabling and re-enabling the artists browser but the issue persists.

I am having the exact same issue. Please help.
strategy786

Postby strategy786 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:30 pm

strategy786 wrote:
Ayye_sir wrote:I'm having the same issue. I've noticed it started after installing the latest Samsung One UI 2 software update, I think the two are somehow connected.

I am having the exact same issue. Please help.

I have been playing around with this quite a bit, and trying to narrow down where the issue is to work around it.

I was able to get artists to display by clearing all the data settings for the app (Settings>Apps>PlayerPro>Storage>Clear data).

Then I started the app over again and reset everything up. It seems like the key settings that was causing problems was Settings>Browsers>Artist browser>Album artist LEAVE UNCHECKED.

That was the key for me. I hope that helps.
strategy786

Postby playerpro » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:29 pm

Hello,

This bug (linked to Android 10) has been fixed in the latest release of PlayerPro (5.6).
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby strategy786 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:36 am

I have the update 5.6, but it looks like I still have this issue of PlayerPro not showing artists in the artist browser.

The artists only all disappear once I change one setting: Settings>Browsers>Artist browser>Album artist CHECKED.

Once it is checked the list of Artists does not display in the browser. It is empty.
strategy786

Postby strategy786 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Any updates on this?

I really want to use the "Only show album artists" setting, as I have a lot of compilations.

Is there anything I can do to help scope this issue?
strategy786

Return to Bug reports