Playlist disappear

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Playlist disappear

Postby T1575sc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 pm

My playlist disappear for various reasons like removing SAD card or phone software update. It looks like this has been an on going problem, but not sure if I've missed your answer. I found that if I create a new playlist with the same name of the playlist that disappeared and then try to open it PP asks if I want to restore it and it does! But it is a huge bummer. Any work around until there is a fix?
T1575sc

Re: Playlist disappear

Postby dnoren » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:11 pm

I'm having the same problem
Brand new Pixel 2 XL, clean install, playlists disappear at restart and changes to playlists are not saving.
dnoren

Postby T1575sc » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Yeah, since my last post I've had my playlists disappear for seemingly no reason; no updates, didn't remove the SD card. But like I said in previous post, I can restore each one individually by creating a new playlist with the same name as one that disappeared and then open it. It then asks if I want to restore it and then all the songs are there. Pretty crappy, but it's better than nothing.
T1575sc

Postby gizzmansl2 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:24 pm

I have the same issue, i do nothing to my phone (updates etc) and they often disappear and i have to add/make a new playlist with the same songs and it is starting to become annoying, any updates on this error playerpro?

Many thanks
gizzmansl2

Postby Technotice » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Yeah, my playlists have disappeared too. What makes it more annoying is that my dj app uses the playlists that are in this app, I have to create new playlists, maybe a couple of hundred tracks, then they all have to be beat counted to be used in my dj app.... :-(
Technotice

Postby slif » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 am

Happening to me as well. Thanks for the tip. T1575sc - at least I can restore them temporarily.

For me, specifically, it happens after I connect my phone to my Win7 computer to upload/download files
Pixel2 128gig running Android 8.1.0

This wasn't happening on my old phone (s4 Mini, Android 4.4)
slif

Postby Feuerwasser » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:19 am

Same here. Moto G5s, Android 7.1 or such.

As soon as I've connected the phone to my PC (running Linux MInt), to drop some new mp3 files onto the SD card, all my 30+ playlists are gone. Again and again and...

Annoying.

Since I've switched from iPhone to an android device (after kicking Windows out of the window and installing Linux with no support for iTunes), I've tried out a ton of useless music player apps. The only two I paid for, has this problem: erasing playlists. BlackEx whatever and PlayerPro.

The BlackEx whatever team blames it on Android itself, but if so, why didn't it happen in any other music player, except PlayerPro as well? Must be using the same kind of bad code somewhere...

I love PlayerPro, the best sound quality in any of the 10-15 apps I've tried. It even beats (ha!) the iPhone sound output (and yes, I use the very same headphones).

I don't want to give up on this app, but I think I can't stand erased playlists so much longer either...
Feuerwasser

Postby slif » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:56 am

It's gotten worse. I can't revive the playlists by creating a new playlist with the same name anymore. I don't even know how that happens since I haven't updated the app.
slif

Postby Feuerwasser » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:14 pm

slif wrote:It's gotten worse. I can't revive the playlists by creating a new playlist with the same name anymore. I don't even know how that happens since I haven't updated the app.

That's bad. I have a similiar problem. I can restore playlists, but more often than not, they are missing some 3-5 tracks, for no reason at all.

Another thing I discovered just a few hours ago: restarting my phone wipes out every one of my playlists...
Feuerwasser

Postby Yurigoul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:40 am

Same here - even deleted the playerpro folder from storage and reinstalled the app.

No dice
Yurigoul

Return to Bug reports