In Bluetooth, Music stops playing when screen locks

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

In Bluetooth, Music stops playing when screen locks

Postby roomanchris » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:41 pm

When I play music connected to a Bluetooth device (car, speaker, headset) music stops a few seconds after locking screen. Eventually it restarts sometimes then stop again after a couple of seconds
It doesn't happen using native music player or goggle music on same songs, or Spotify on others
I tried to deactivate DSP Pack but music turns out to be distorted and only treble.
Happens on my Huawei Mate 10 pro Build BLA-L29 8.0.0.127(C432) on Android 8.0.0
Might be an Android 8 issue
roomanchris

Re: In Bluetooth, Music stops playing when screen locks

Postby Gabbro » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

I have the same problem on the same phone.
When i use PP, the music goes until the screen is on, freezing for a while once the screen gets locked. If I light up the screen the music goes immediately, getting paused once the screen turns off. It stops for something like 15/20 seconds then runs fors a while, it stops again, and then it goes...and so on.
My car audio system worked perfectly with a Samsung galaxy Note 3 and default Samsung Music App, and it also works with Huawei Music, so it's not a car system issue.
Gabbro

Postby Benshoes » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 am

roomanchris wrote:When I play music connected to a Bluetooth device (car, speaker, headset) music stops a few seconds after locking screen. Eventually it restarts sometimes then stop again after a couple of seconds
It doesn't happen using native music player or goggle music on same songs, or Spotify on others
I tried to deactivate DSP Pack but music turns out to be distorted and only treble.
Happens on my Huawei Mate 10 pro Build BLA-L29 8.0.0.127(C432) on Android 8.0.0
Might be an Android 8 issue

Same for me on huawei mate 10 pro.
All firmware have this issue.

Please fix it because it's not usable.
Benshoes

Postby more4me2do » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:28 am

Huawei Mate 10 Pro also my phone love the phone and love the PlayerPro app but when playing music and connected with a Bluetooth headset everything works but once the screen times out at the end of the song everything stops until the phone is woken up again. I am on the latest Android version 8.0

This does not happen on the Huawei stock music app as well as Amazon Music. If I do net get an answer on this I will have to ask for a refund as it renders the Bluetooth use of the PlayerPro with headset or Android Auto useless.
more4me2do

Postby eeloundou » Wed May 02, 2018 12:56 pm

I have a brand new Honor View 10 and have exactly the same problem. I reset my phone and reinstalled playerpro, that didn't solve it. All others music apps work just fine.
eeloundou

Postby playerpro » Mon May 21, 2018 10:05 am

Hello,

The issue is caused by a phone setting. To solve it, please do the following: go to Settings -> battery -> battery use. Look for the playerpro application and tap - Start -> uncheck from Manage automatically.
This will prevent the phone from killing the PlayerPro process when the screen goes off.

Best Regards,
Tristan
playerpro

Return to Bug reports