PlayerPro ratings not saved - other rating systems OK

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

PlayerPro ratings not saved - other rating systems OK

Postby Jolous » Tue May 03, 2016 7:44 pm

If I use the PlayerPro rating system, ratings are not saved to the file.
Response is suspiciously quick, and checking with a file manger afterwards confirms the timestamp on the file is untouched.

Using any of the other rating systems it takes several second for the "x stars" confirmation ballon to pop up, and the file gets a fresh timestamp.

My music files are on the SD card, with PlayerPro granted write access and tag editing is confirmed to work.

PlayerPro 3.81
Android 6.0.1 (Sony)
Xperia Z3 D6603
Jolous

Re: PlayerPro ratings not saved - other rating systems OK

Postby Jolous » Sat May 14, 2016 10:45 pm

Possibly related problem:
Before I do any tag editing, ratings of any kind are not saved to SD, timestamp is untouched, and response to rating is snappy. After I do a single tag edit, rating changes are saved for any song.
It's as if tag editing asks for the required permission, but rating change does not.

I have had the problem return later, but I am not sure if it was triggered by removing and reinserting the SD card, rebooting the phone, restarting the app, or just the passage of time. I'll try to find time to investigate.
Jolous

Postby zopfan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:33 am

I've been trying to struggle and use ratings to my requirements. I've spent many days, if now weeks, on Google and PP forums for this topic.

On PC, I use MM. When I copy the tracks into my android mobile, play them in PPro, change their ratings (In PPA, I use Media Monkey rating system and/or Player Pro rating system) and move those tracks back to PC, I find that new/changed ratings don't stick to the tracks.
When I move/copy those tracks back to PC, those tracks either have the original ratings (when I had copied them from PC to mobile, or the same, sometimes, are stripped of any ratings at all).
Kindly help.

PlayerPro SHOULD OFFER PAID HELP (Music listeners can surely pay for some particular trouble that is killing them)

And, why can't we select all the tracks in one go in (Smart) Playlists?
zopfan

Postby pstiff » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:18 am

I just downloaded this app and I am using the playerpro rating system. I rated my first song, moved to the next song and back again and found the first rating was missing. Anyone have a fix?
pstiff

Postby zopfan » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:09 am

Till date, PlayerPro has no system of writing the ratings directly to your tracks/files.

It can only save ratings in a separate database file (whichever rating system you have chosen in your PPA settings, default, of course, being PlayerPro), in Songbird format, which you can then export to any other device, mobile, PC. And from that songbird file, you'll have to import your ratings to the same tracks (the application in which you're importing will automatically import the ratings for only those tracks, which will be present in your target device. I.e. don't be afraid that it may write the ratings to wrong music files).

PlayerPro SHOULD OFFER PAID HELP (Music listeners can surely pay for some particular trouble that is killing them)

And, why can't we select all the tracks in one go in (Smart) Playlists?
zopfan

Return to Bug reports