Always stops playing at random times

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Always stops playing at random times

Postby sjudenim » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:04 am

This has been happening for awhile across multiple devices and different versions of Android.

When I set the player to shuffle a folder, music will play but stop randomly. Sometime it's after a few minutes, other times it's longer.

The app never crashes though and when casting I can see that the player goes blank and seemingly refreshes itself to folder view (my default view)

I turned off all automatic art downloads thinking that was causing the refresh, but that did not work either.

Some help with this would be appreciated. thanks

Edit: Tap folder action doesn't seem to work either. I have shuffle selected but it performs the standard action of entering the folder
sjudenim

Re: Always stops playing at random times

Postby gagashaggy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:20 pm

I have exactly the same problem on Honor View 10. I noticed it happens almost every two or three days, randomly, usually when I press power button to lock the screen. All system settings for battery optimization are set so that it shouldn't close PlayerPro, so it's definitely a player bug. Besides, I noticed that the player process and MediaPlaybackService do not stop, so I think it's something related to the player main activity. Play count of current song also do not increase and all the playing queue is lost, like if the player was closed, though it isn't.
gagashaggy

Postby Richardct » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:38 pm

PlayerPro just started this behavior over the last week. Music playback stops at random times. I changed bluetooth speakers and that did not change it. Then I played the music directly on my Galaxy S9. The first song I played stopped twice during playback. I have been using PlayerPro for years and this is the first issue that I have had.
Richardct

Postby lvazquez81 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:54 pm

Ditto. Have the same issue.

Other threads to follow up:

* "App continually keeps stopping after few minutes of playback" --- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13754
* "Music stops playing" -- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13786
* "Always stops playing at random times" (this thread) -- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13868
lvazquez81

Postby dolhop » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:07 pm

Has there been any update on this? I see many, many threads - but no response from the developers? This has been happening to me now - and I only get about 5 seconds to 2 minutes worth of play time before it stops. As a paying customer, can I expect to see some kind of update or response from the developers? I have sent a log to them via the app.
dolhop

Postby playerpro » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello,

Can you please make sure you don't have a task manager or task cleaner that is aggressively killing background services?
You can also check :
Settings -> battery -> battery usage
Then look for the playerpro application and tap - Start -> uncheck from Manage automatically

Best Regards,
Tristan
playerpro

Return to Bug reports