Can't enable title browser in config

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Can't enable title browser in config

Postby MusicMan2 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:47 pm

When setting up PlayerPro I though I wouldn't need the title browser, so I disabled it from the config - now I'd like to get it back, but enabling it in the config doesn't do anything, the title browser (same goes for video and folder browser which I also disabled) wont't show in the menu (also not in edit mode, so they're not just hidden, they're just missing entirely). When I return to the config, the checkmark for the just enabled browsers have disappeared.
This happens on Android 5.1.1 with PlayerPro 3.84 (paid version).
MusicMan2

Re: Can't enable title browser in config

Postby andreip79 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:51 pm

This is still a problem, unfortunately. Has anyone found a solution?
andreip79

Postby Douglas Keith » Tue May 14, 2019 9:37 pm

I had the same problem with my playlists not showing up and was going crazy on how to figure how to get them back. The playlist checkbox wouldn't stay checked on the Settings page. Apparently, the Player Pro databases or preference files became corrupted and needed to be reset. I had accidentally clicked the eye on the playlist browser on the Edit page and that started the whole mess. Goodbye playlist browser. All the other browsers I tried could be removed and put back except the playlist browser, in my case.

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I was able to get all the browsers back by doing this:

Go into Android phone Settings. (using Android 8.1.0)
then choose Apps and Notifications
then choose app info (to bring up the list of installed apps)
Select Player Pro app
Select Storage
Hit Clear cache
Hit Clear data (Clear data did the trick)

Clear data resets all the databases in Player Pro as though it's a brand new installation. When Player Pro is relaunched it takes you through all the steps on how to use it and all the browsers show up in the Edit Screen. All my playlists showed up as though they were never gone. None of your music or original playlists will be deleted as it doesn't touch them. Only Player Pro gets reset.

Player Pro's FAQ gives a similar explanation but didn't quite work on my smartphone because the OS might be a different version from what they used, so the steps were different. I had to figure out how to get to the app and clear the data on my OS version.
I'm using an LG Stylo 4 running Android 8.1.0. I have a paid version of Player Pro 4.91. I hope this helps.
Douglas Keith

Postby MusicMan2 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:30 pm

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's good to know there's a workaround for this, but I'd rather wait for this to bug to be fixed in PlayerPro, because I don't know what I changed in my config, so I'd probably be checking things for quite some time until I get it running as before, and: if PlayerPro messes up the config and causes this, it's likely to happen again, so even if I manage to get it all setup again, I wouldn't like the idea of running through the same resetting/reconfiguring-procedure over and over again ...
MusicMan2

Return to Bug reports