Unable to access SD card

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Unable to access SD card

Postby Ch4rly » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:36 am

As the title says, after some recent update (of the app or the OS) i am unable to limit the music search to an SD card directory. The sd card is not visible inside player pro. Other explorer like apps are able to access the data.

Huawei p10
Android 8, EMUI 8
No root

rebooting without success. Deleting app data and cache without success. Huawei does not allow us to move apps to sd card, so I could not try that.

Ideas?
Ch4rly

Re: Unable to access SD card

Postby ForSerious » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 am

Does, settings => Music Library => SD Card Write Permission, do anything?
I just got a new SD card and I had to install the exFat file system before my phone could find it. Then I had to have the phone format it.
ForSerious

Re: Unable to access SD card

Postby Ch4rly » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:43 pm

No, sadly it does not change anything. A message is displayed that the "write permission has been granted" but I still can't see anything from the sd card content in the file chooser dialog for limiting access to a specific folder.
The sd card isn't new, I've been using this card for over one in my phone. Player pro was able to access the data until some days or weeks ago.
Ch4rly

Return to Bug reports