ADD support OPUS

You may post all your suggestions and requests here.

ADD support OPUS

Postby doiredus » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:51 am

i got over 60% songs in opus.
why player pro dont have support this audio format?
pls add to player por support OPUS
doiredus

Re: ADD support OPUS

Postby ForSerious » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:36 am

I was reading the DSP pack update log today and it specifically states it add playback of the opus codec.
ForSerious

Postby Randybobandy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:15 pm

So it appears that OPUS works, which is nice!

However, it only works if I use a file manager to open the OPUS file and then select PlayerPro as the app to open the file.

If there is an OPUS file (.opus) in a directory, and I select that directory to play files from it from within PlayerPro, then it won't see the files.

A workaround is renaming .opus files to .mp3. Then PlayerPro will find them and play them just fine.

Is this an android media catalog problem or a PlayerPro problem?
Randybobandy

Postby utahman1971 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Randybobandy wrote:So it appears that OPUS works, which is nice!

However, it only works if I use a file manager to open the OPUS file and then select PlayerPro as the app to open the file.

If there is an OPUS file (.opus) in a directory, and I select that directory to play files from it from within PlayerPro, then it won't see the files.

A workaround is renaming .opus files to .mp3. Then PlayerPro will find them and play them just fine.

Is this an android media catalog problem or a PlayerPro problem?

I am not quite sure on this but I think when you rename extensions, it converts to that format. So you just change your opus files to mp3 files, and that is like transcoding your music or files. That could make the quality terrible.
utahman1971

Return to Feature requests