Cloud Play support

You may post all your suggestions and requests here.

Cloud Play support

Postby ederstk » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:30 am

Please add support to play music from cloud, like Google Drive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc.
ederstk

Re: Cloud Play support

Postby ineedit2018 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 am

Why u need that? In my opinion that makes no sense. I have all my music on my SD card.

If you wanna stream music use deezer or anything else.
ineedit2018

Postby ederstk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Because it takes up storage space that can be used in the cloud. Leave the songs there while what matters most is in the device.
And regarding streaming services, there are some that do not have the songs you like.
That way, store in the cloud and only just play the ones you like while the memory stays free
ederstk

Postby ineedit2018 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:43 pm

A 128gb micro sd card cost about 30 bucks and a 256gb micro sd card cost about 50 bucks. So why i should keep my memory free???

And what when you go outside and you have no wlan? Then you cant stream music well because it would kill your mobile data transfer limit... Thats the reason why it makes no sense!

Buy a good and large sd card and all is fine.
ineedit2018

Postby ederstk » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:56 pm

ineedit2018 wrote:A 128gb micro sd card cost about 30 bucks and a 256gb micro sd card cost about 50 bucks. So why i should keep my memory free???

And what when you go outside and you have no wlan? Then you cant stream music well because it would kill your mobile data transfer limit... Thats the reason why it makes no sense!

Buy a good and large sd card and all is fine.

Sorry for the delay in replying because I was without a computer during this time.

I understand your point, but the problem is my country where a simple memory card can be more expensive than a smartphone. Potato phones are still a reality here and it is still common to find handsets selling in store with only 4 or 8GB internal for the price of a medium or modern handset in other countries.

So what I believe is that syncing in the cloud would be useful, at least around here (something like a Spotify with just your music)
ederstk

Postby Digihill » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:20 am

Onedrive or Google drive support is a must. Please implement this. That way the music library can be added to and updated just once on the cloud and then accessed from different devices. I have a lot of storage on my phone but I sometimes need to access the library from desktop pc or android tablet. Updating local storage on all those different devices is a lot of work
Digihill

Return to Feature requests