Player Skipps and stops frequently

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

Player Skipps and stops frequently

Postby mdelaney » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:43 pm

After paying and installing the full version of Player Pro, I noticed the audio pauses momentarily while doing other things on my phone. I have tried increasing the Audio Buffer to maximum and I have tried setting the audio thread priority to maximum. This doesn't make a difference like it did with the trial version. The trial version worked fine.

When I decided to purchase Player Pro, I assumed that purchasing would just unlock the program, I didn't realize I would have to install a different version. My decision to purchase Player Pro was based on the great compatibility with my phone. This really sucks because I got something different than what I decided to purchase and it does not work properly.
mdelaney

Re: Player Skipps and stops frequently

Postby playerpro » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi,

Plz install PlayerPo version 2.42 from the market. And the DSPPack version 3.2.
The combination of both versions will fix your issues.

Rgds,
Tristan
playerpro

Postby mdelaney » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Problem solved!!!

THanks!!!
mdelaney

Postby yngwi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Sorry for digging up this rather old thread, but for me this issue isn't really resolved, even with the most recent versions (Player 2.43, DSP Pack 3.2) of the software.
Im running Android ICS 4.0.4 (CM9 Nightly) and for me the problems started with the update that introduced the gapless playback (which I find great, by the way).

The general pattern of the problem seems to be for me that the app starts skipping the playback as soon as the phone is busy. I'm not completely sure if all kinds of activities trigger this problem, but it looks like at least stuff like incoming mails or short messages, entering or leaving the radius of a WIFI network and the usage of some apps (like Facebook and gReader Pro) seem to be related to this. Especially the WIFI Network thing seems to be very reliable in triggering the problem.

I'm not sure what triggers the complete stop of playback (the player stops playing although the state of the "play/pause" button still looks like the player is playing back music. This stops do appear frequently especially if I use the phone for something else during playback, stuff like recording a gps track, which is a pretty standard use case for me (walking to work, tracking and listening to music).

I would like to point out that this kind of problem doesn't seem to occur with the stock music player.

Also probably worth mentioning is the fact, that I already tried to increase app priority and buffer size, without discernible effect.

I really hope that I could help you in providing a little information to fix this problem or tell me how to fix it myself if there is some configuration issue on my part.

Thanks for your time and your great app, which I like very much!
Daniel
yngwi

Postby rockinstevie » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Im having the same problem on the player pro trial after using it for just one day. I have you Email twice about this and had no reply. I have a HTC wildfire software 2.2.1. its a grat app and would like to buy it but if it has bugs I wont please fix this issue. It seem when im playing songs it will be ok for 1 or 2 song then will skip stop or jump like a stuck cd player i do not have any of this issues on my stock player which i find to basic and thats wont to update to a better player.
Ive looked on the forum and appeares other people with HTC phones have the same issue ,so please sort this out and i will buy it.
thanks
Steve
rockinstevie

Postby rockinstevie » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:38 am

I think it is the DSPPack that could be at fault as i unstalled it and then re installed it which has helped at bit and a few more songs will play without stopping. Also i have had change the Audio buffer to very large.
rockinstevie

Postby yngwi » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:53 am

rockinstevie wrote:I think it is the DSPPack that could be at fault as i unstalled it and then re installed it which has helped at bit and a few more songs will play without stopping. Also i have had change the Audio buffer to very large.

I don't know. I also tried this, and it didn't have any effect, at least it didn't seem like it. The most noticable cause for me is definitely entering or exiting the area of known wifi networks (the mobile phone connecting) or entering and exiting areas with bad signal. The second most notable causes are general use (opening a different app, unlocking the phone while playing back,...) but in this case the playback just stutters whereas in the first case most often the playback completely stops while the player (the widget) still displaying the "press-to-pause" button, so it seems to think it still is playing back.

I really hope this gets solved at some point, or somebody points me to mistakes on my part as it really disturbes the use of the player (which is otherwise by far the best android player for my taste) for me.

Daniel
yngwi

Postby rockinstevie » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:52 pm

DsP Pack seems to be at the cause of the problem, and be at fault I have disabled it and songs the now seem to be playing without stopping ,skipping or jumping. Please fix this bug thanks steve
rockinstevie

Postby BLueSS » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:45 am

I'm having this problem on 2.44 as well. DSP pack *not* installed.

The Apollo music player (CM9's standard now) played just fine, without pauses when the CPU ramped up.
Running Android ICS v4.0.4
BLueSS

Postby keidow » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:10 am

So... This is a pretty serious issue. I think PlayerPro is the best on the market, but when it dies and cuts out in the middle of a song it's pretty annoying. I haven't had the player do this when the screen is constantly on and the app is in the foreground (knock on wood) but otherwise there's a good chance that it'll crash and stop playing the song. In my case the error seems to have to do with "com.android.providers.media.MediaProvider is in dying process android.process.media". Just after this I get the error "Consumer closed input channel or an error occurred." PLEASE fix this with the next update as I love the player but reliable playback is essential, and so is battery life (ie not having the screen on all the time). I am waiting to rate the app as I really want to rate it well but this is crucial to have fixed.

The latest version is installed and I have tried almost every combination of settings including with and without the latest version of DSPPack. I wonder if it has to do with the process getting dumped by Android for memory?
keidow

Next

Return to Bug reports