"An error was encountered on your SD card." Top Rated

You can post all your bug reports here. Make sure to include a maximum of information to help ease the investigation.

"An error was encountered on your SD card." Top Rated

Postby kronikings » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Hello Tristan,

I am having a problem when I am attempting to load my Top Rated playlist. I have been going through my entire music collection and rating songs with 5 stars that I want to be added to my "Top Rated" playlist. Last night when I attempted to load the playlist I am getting the error "An error was encountered on your SD card." Scanning SD card..Scanning SD card..Scanning SD card...Scanning SD card...Scanning SD card...Scanning SD card...Scanning SD card.

All of my music is on the SD card still. And the other play lists seem fine.."Recently Added" "Played" etc....its just not loading my "Top Rated" playlist (of course this is the only one that matters to me)

I have rebooted the phone a few times but nothing seems to be resolving the issue.

I have realized what is causing the issue...

I now have more than 1000 "5 star" rated songs, and apparently this is too many to be read by the player. I had edited my top rated play list to "see" up to 1100 songs and apparently when I got to around 1000 songs with 5 stars this is when the error occurred. Is this something that can be fixed? I am sure that when I am done rating all my music I will have well over 1000 songs in my top rated. Thank you

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience. Thank you - Steve
kronikings

Re: "An error was encountered on your SD card." Top Rated

Postby playerpro » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 am

Hi there,

I'm surprised as there is no real limit on the number of songs in the top rated playlists. Limits are more on the database itself and the sql statement sizes (the playlists and songs are stored in a database). The top rated sql statement might have reached a limit with that many songs. I don't think I'll be able to fix it.
What happens if you bring down the top rated list to 900 for example ? Does it work ? In that case, I can only advise to stay < 1000.

Rgds,
Tristan
playerpro

Re: "An error was encountered on your SD card." Top Rated

Postby kronikings » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Hello again,

Yeah if I bring down my list from 1100 to 1000 then it works....but I have way more songs in my top rated than that. It really wouldn't be a big deal as long as the top rated list populates randomly, like maybe if when I load the list, the program chooses 1000 random songs each time.....that would be cool! Do you know if that is what it currently does or will it choose the same 1000 top rated songs every single time? If it could randomly choose 1000 songs each time I load the top rated playlist then my problem would be solved. Thank you in advance!

Steve
kronikings

Return to Bug reports